Outside of Miami, everyone wanted the Mavs to win...or so I thought.
What wasn't there to enjoy about the Mavs? If there was an underdog to root for, it was these guys. They had a superstar who stayed where he was, because he believed in the city and his team, but lacked a ring. Veteran players sprinkled throughout the roster, all working together for that championship they lacked. A little guy not even 6-feet tall navigating the lanes like a bowling ball. They united. They stood for everything the Heat didn't.
And despite all this, as I watched most games in Houston, I sat at a BWW downtown and listened to many fans in Houston say, "I don't know what's worse, rooting for Miami and LeBron or rooting for Dallas." ... Really? Honestly, it amazed me. The majority of Texans at my school come from the Houston area, so I knew there was some resentment or jealousy toward their fellow Texas city.
But really? I don't understand it. I think Houston wants Dallas to feel the same way. But growing up in Dallas, I've never heard many people just trash Houston. They want nothing more than Dallas to fail. If it were the Rockets vs. the Heat, 95% of Dallas would be cheering on the Texas team. I guess I never realized how strange and bizarre and, I believe, unwarranted those feelings are until now.
-Rowan
Glad to see you finally contributing fro...
ReplyDelete